Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hope

Tea of the Day: Sweet Mango (Black, Iced)

Song of the Day: The Lucky Ones by Tim Myers

Today I am full of hope! Despite the fact that it is mid-August, there are still music teaching jobs opening up almost daily. Okay, so not all of them are exactly within driving distance of where I currently live, but still... it is comforting to know that they are there.

I have been through so many ups and downs this summer, regarding jobs and living situations and finances, that I now feel as though I am mentally prepared for anything that could possibly happen. I pretty much assumed that I would know my job situation by August, but obviously that is not the case. Hopefully, I will know by the end of the month, but God's plan - and timing - is much better than mine and I am willing to wait for it.

I typed the word "hope" into Bible Gateway and, in the NIV translation, the word shows up 174 times in Scripture. Many of the references are from the books of Job and Psalms. I am especially encouraged by this verse: "Show my Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God, m Savior, and my hope is in You all day long." ~ Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV).

Hope is even a biblical command!! "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." ~ Romans 12:11-12 (NIV)

Last night I was reading about God's goodness in A.W. Tozer's "The Knowledge of the Holy", and he writes about how God is constant, unchanging, in His character. He is just as faithful and good today as He was yesterday and as He will be tomorrow. "The goodness of God is the drive behind all the blessings He bestows upon us. God created us because He felt good in His heart and He redeemed us for the same reason." ~ Tozer

I am so grateful that I can put my hope in God, who is forever faithful and good! He was faithful yesterday, He is faithful today, and He will still be faithful tomorrow. What a comfort!

"When the sun comes out from the rain clouds, I know it's going to be better. Climb a ladder up to the top of the world, and do it together." ~ Tim Myers

1 comment: